18 Sep Equipment Environmental Hazards
Posted at 16:03h in News
What are the Environmental Hazards associated with Equipment?
September 18, 2015
- Fuel Spill into Waterbodies
- Equipment refueling must not occur in or within close proximity to wetlands or waterways, unless no practical alternative exists. Secondary measures of containment should then be considered.
Equipment Maintenance & Use
- Spill and Uncontrolled Emissions
- Daily equipment inspections will ensure construction equipment and vehicles are maintained, in efficient operating condition and comply with applicable state and federal emission standards.
- Vehicles and equipment that show excessive emissions or other inefficient conditions should not be operated until repairs or adjustments are made.
- All equipment used during construction and restoration must be maintained in a manner to prevent spills and uncontrolled emissions.
- Engine idling time must be limited and equipment must be shut down when not in use.